Friday, January 17, 2014

How to Instantly Connect with the Audience


We all have a personal story to tell about our journey through life. Many of us had to deal with challenges at different times in our lives. Your personal story has made you who you are today. The people who inspire me the most are the ones who authentically share their personal story of struggle and victory with us.
When you're willing to open up your heart and reveal who you really are, people feel instantly connected to you.
They listen to your story and what you've overcome, and say to themselves, "If she or he did that, so can I!" I've had many people come up to me after I've shared my personal story of overcoming breast cancer and how it changed my life, and tell me how it's inspired them.
Tell your story vividly and specifically. Speak in the present tense. Share your story as if it's happening right now in the present moment. Convey excitement and enthusiasm using gestures, facial expressions, and inflection as you describe your story. What leaves the strongest impression is how you look and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment