Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Are You Creating Your Own Team?

Creating Your Own TeamI spoke to an entrepreneur today who was stressed out with all the things she needed to do in her business. It was clear by the sound of her voice that she needed help. Doing everything on her own was wearing her down and putting her into overwhelm. She’s a brilliant talented woman who wasn’t focusing on what she does best.

For most of us, it’s our passion that inspires us to go into business. We go into business with the strong desire to help people and make a difference in the world. But as we get more and more into our business, suddenly we realize there are many different hats we have to wear.

Although you realize bringing in business is a priority, all the things you have to do daily take you away from doing what you do best. Before long, you’re spending more time on the day-to-day tasks than on what will bring you in the most money.

You start off each day with a plan in place but early on you get side tracked by an unexpected situation. By the end of the day you realize you haven’t accomplished very much. You’re never going to grow your business trying to do many different things in your business. In addition, you have to focus more on doing tasks that you don’t enjoy doing.

I recently read a quote a friend of my posted on Facebook that sums it up. “A person’s most valuable currency is what comes naturally—if something isn’t easy, then don’t do it. You can’t override your feelings or ignore your core desires and expect to create something sustainable. When you let go of the activities that aren’t second nature, it opens up your creativity.” How true that is!

I can remember when I first started my business, I felt overwhelmed with all the tasks that needed to be done. I thought I was suppose to be super woman. I was doing work I didn’t like doing and it took longer to do because I wasn’t an expert. It didn’t leave me much time to do the work I loved.

As soon as I hired my first team member, I became more relaxed and more time opened up. I gave up the notion that I had to do it all. My creativity juices were brought back to life. I now reach out to my team of experts who help me in the areas I need help. I don’t always need them but I know they’re there when I do.

I invite you to do the same. Start by making a list of all your tasks. Next to each task, write your initial if it’s something you love to do or write an “x” if it can be delegated. Begin to create a team that you can reach out to help you who are experts. You’ll quickly see the difference it makes for you in your business.

Remember, you went into business because you’re good at what you do. Now it’s time to be doing what you do best.

If you would like to use this article on your website, or for your own ezine, not a problem; however, there’s one thing you MUST include: Rochelle Togo-Figa, The Sales Breakthrough Expert, is the creator of the Sales Breakthrough System™, a proven step-by-step sales process that will help you close more sales, sign on more clients and make more money with ease and velocity. To sign up for her free sales articles and teleclasses on closing more sales, visit http://www.salesbreakthroughs.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment